Sunday, February 22, 2009

EU:Rome v EU3

I can appreciate that military units are just numbers and code and it doesn't matter what you call it but I still prefer the timeline of EU3 offering different upgrades of units and names. I mean in Rome Egyptians don't have chariots (too early, maybe)? And the nations have no middle ground between easy and difficult. Well, I suck so easy is fine but sometimes I like to trudge through some tough terrain without going to tribe level maschoism.

I do enjoy the more tangible "characters" of Rome like that crazy 6 star general or well that's about it. Why the fuck can't you select the female characters for jobs when they have stats (some great ones) ? It'd be anachronistic, sure. But it still drives me nuts. Female generals in history: Joan of Arc (off top of my head - at least arguably), Xu Rong (according to that academic button masher Dynasty Warriors), Sherian Cadoria (via wikipedia and some other chinese empire examples like qin liangyu).

No comments: